After Sunday’s overcrowding of Kilcoole beach car park made national news, it has been decided to close all public car parks in the area.
Water-filled barriers will be placed at Greystones’ four major car parks, whilst double yellow lines will be employed at Kindlestown Wood, and both Sea Roads at Kilcoole and Newcastle.
Because some people around here clearly think the 2km restriction is from their car.
Here’s the press release from Ruairi O’Hanlon, chief town engineer at Greystones Muncipal District Council.
As per request by An Garda Síochána and in order to assist in combating the spread of the corona Virus the following parking restrictions are to be put into place from this weekend until further notice. Please make arrangements to advertise to the public via the usual social media platforms.
Car park closures:
1. Closing of the South Beach Car Park, Mill Road, Greystones, permanently
2. Closing of Park and Ride, Woodlands Avenue, Greystones, at weekends
3. Trafalgar Road, Car Park, Greystones at weekends
4. La Touch Road, Car Park, Greystones at weekends
For Easter weekend only:
1. Harbour/Marina public car park
2. Shoreline Leisure Centre
3. Charlesland Sports Park
4. Greystones RFC
5. Éire Óg GAA
Double Yellow Lines
1. Bellevue Hill at Kindlestown Woods entrance
2. Sea Road, Kilcoole, at Kilcoole Train Station
3. Sea Road, Newcastle at the beach railways level crossing access
The barriers and double yellow lines will come into effect from Friday, April 10th 2020.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.